The chapter holds program meetings between the months of September and May. The goal of these programs is to bring the most timely topics impacting Commonwealth HR professionals. Meeting topics keep members informed of novel or current management techniques and personnel activities; topics vary based on shifts in the HR universe. HR consolidation? Diversity and Inclusion? Change management? Members heard it first. Speakers are generally from state and federal government, private industry, consulting firms, and academic institutions.
Presentations were made on the following topics during the 2018-19 program year:
In addition to monthly programs, Membership recruitment socials are usually held in August and a holiday networking event are typically held in November or December. For deeper dives into key topics, CAPHRA hosts either a full day Spring conference or half-day summits.
- Employment Law Update for the HR Professional
- Intentional Conversations At Work
- Creative HR Solutions: It’s About Your Outsight More Than Your Insight
- Back Your HR Work Space with the Lean 5S Tool
- Spring Conference – The HR Imperative: Innovate!